Troy SafeCam is a crime investigation and prevention tool that allows members of the community to register their security camera with the Troy Police Department. Registering your camera may help deter crime and assist the Troy Police Department with their crime prevention strategies in your neighborhood.
Registration is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. You will provide us with basic contact information and where your cameras are located.
Once you complete the registration process a member from the Troy Police Department will contact you to request a visit to your residence/business to verify the information you have provided. The Troy Police Department reserves the right to approve or deny a registration request.
- Call to Duty
Troy Police Department will only contact you if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security cameras. Police personnel may request to view and copy video images captured by your camera to assist in the investigation of a crime with your permission.
The Troy Police Department does not monitor your system.
The goal of the Troy SafeCam program is to promote public safety in collaboration between the Troy Police Department and the citizens of Troy. All registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any video material collected by the Troy Police Department related to criminal investigations can be used as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Video material provided to the Troy Police Department is reserved for official use.
- When necessary, the Troy Police Department will contact you directly using the information you have provided to obtain video surveillance footage from your system.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Troy and /or the Troy Police Department.
- You will be assigned a Registrant ID number. Please refer to this number in any correspondence with the TPD.
- You agree not to release any video or picture images to media without consulting the Troy Police Department.
Attention: There is no cost for registration and you may cancel at any time by sending an email to SafeCam from your registered email account. Please include the words Cancel Registration in the subject line.
To register your camera please call our community police department at 518-270-4689.