You may obtain a copy of your police report by stopping by the Troy Police Department at 55 State Street, Troy, NY. The report can be picked up at the Police Desk (front desk) at anytime including nights and weekends. The Police Desk is open 24 hours 7 days a week. You must show a valid Driver License or other government issued photo ID. The Police report may take up to 48 hours before it is available for pickup.
- Complete and sign the Request Copy of Police Report Form.
- Attach the form and a copy of your Driver License or other government issued photo ID.
- Include your First Name, Last Name and the words Request Copy of Police Report in the subject line.
- Email form to the Troy Police Records Division
- Print, complete and sign the Request Copy of Police Report Form.
- Mail the form with a COPY of your Driver License or other government issued photo ID and a self addressed envelope to the following address:
Troy Police Department
Attention: Records Division
55 State Street
Troy, NY 12180
There is no charge for the report. It's FREE
Request Records Not Your Own
The City of Troy requires that you submit a FOIL Request for records that are not your own.
If you wish to contact the Records Division you may leave a voicemail message at 518-270-4654. Messages are checked through out the business week. For voicemail messages requiring a response, please leave your name and a phone number that you can be reached at.
Please note that record requests can only be made in person, by mail or by email.