office hours & location | The City Clerk's Office is located in Troy City Hall at 433 River Street, Troy NY 12180. Access map for directions. City Hall is open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. City Hall is not open on these Holidays.
The Office of the City Clerk maintains the records of the Legislative Branch of Government and provides administrative support for the City Council.
The City Clerk is the official custodian of the City Seal and the official keeper of the City Code Book.
The City Clerk's office provides many required municipal and New York State licenses and permits. Find complete information and applications on our Forms and Permits page for the following services.
- Commissioners of Deeds
- Dog Licenses
- Domestic Partnerships
- Electrician Licenses (Master Electrician and Class B)
- Film/Video Shoot Permit
- Fishing Permits for the Tomhannock Reservoir (NYS fishing licenses are available from the DEC)
- Games of Chance (Bell Jar, Bingo, Raffles)
- Genealogy Searches (Marriage Records)
- Marriage Licenses (Divorce records are filed with the County Clerk)
- Peddler, Food Truck, and Vendor Permits
- Plumber's Licenses
- Special Events, Block Parties, One-Day Vendor Permits, and Outdoor Dining
- 2022 City Council Neighborhood Improvement Program Application
Certificate of Residence
The City Clerk's office does not issue Certificates of Residence. Get information about obtaining a Certificate of Residence.